Before & After Images
Uncover your youth!
For years, people have sought techniques to cover and conceal skin imperfections caused by sun damage, age spots and visible capillaries. Ageless Medspa in Chicago offers an alternative to these expensive skin imperfection “cover-ups”. A new process has emerged that takes the term “photo facial” to a new level. This new process is known as IPL (intense pulsed light) photorejuvenation treatment. Technology has allowed improvements to the photorejuvenation process which now uses “pulsed” light systems similar to lasers but with a larger beams for wider coverage and faster, more comfortable treatments. New Palomar IPL photorejuvenation techniques are targeted to treat pigmented and vascular lesions, resulting in overall improvement of skin tone without damage to surrounding tissue.
What types of skin imperfections are ideal for this techniques?
- Solar Lentigines: more commonly known as sunspots, age spots or liver spots
- Actinic Bronzing: an overall browning of the skin
- Telangiectasia: also known as “spider veins”, tiny capillaries those appear near the surface of the face. They may be red, blue or purple in color.
- Rosacea: inflammation and swelling of the face
- Diminishing the appearance of enlarged pores
What are the benefits of IPL photorejuvenation?
- Reduced redness & flushing
- Treat pigmentation (sun & smoke damage, pigmented freckles & age spots, liver spots)
- Treat broken blood vessels (capillaries)
- More even skin tone
- Reduced fine lines & wrinkles
- Reduced pore size & acne scars
- Healthier-looking skin
- Smoother skin
- No downtime
Take years off your appearance!
Make your appointment today to clear un-desirable sun damage, age spots and spider veins with the latest in pulsed-light photo facial treatment from leading aestheticians at Chicago’s Ageless Medspa.
During photrejuvenation treatments, pulses of wide-beam filtered light are directed onto the affected area and absorbed by the melanin for pigmented lesions and by the blood for vascular lesions.
- Pigmented lesions: photorejuvenation light pulses are directly absorbed by the pigment in the lesion. The light heats the pigment and breaks it up. The lesion darkens and crusts after treatment and is naturally shed from the skin after approximately ten days.
- Vascular lesions: photorejuvenation light pulses heat and shrink the small pigmented capillaries which may redden or become gray after treatment. They then fade from view after approximately ten days.
You should see some immediate improvement in only one or two treatments; however successive treatments may be needed depending on the severity of your condition.
Photorejuvenation uses a unique long pulse width that delivers energy to the skin over a relatively long period of time without overheating the epidermis. This makes the treatment safer and more comfortable. Patients may experience
a feeling similar to that of a small rubber band being snapped on the skin, but most clients do not report this sensation as painful.
You may experience temporary redness and a mild “sunburn-like” effect that may last a few hours to a few days.